Thursday, August 13, 2009

AOS: Vaccination Supplement

When you arrived in the US as K1 Visa, you have to follow what the DS-3025 required you to do and everything will be alright. After the marriage, you should process your adjustment of status as soon as possible. Please apply within one year of the original medical, you need an I-693A. This is USCIS'S VACCINATION SUPPLEMENT.

In most cases though, as long as you follow your DS3025 requirements, your I-693A is easy. But, there are immigration doctors who required you to take all the necessary vaccinations in the 1-693A and doesn't even recognized the DS-3025.

My wife insisted that all she need is the 3 shots needed which was not taken in the Philippines. Some of them just need your money. As long as you know the rules and you follow it carefully, they cannot forced you to take them.

It is up to the immigration whether they accept your papers or not. If you want to be absolutely safe in terms of your medical documentation as a K-1 adjusting status, you should take your DS-3025 to a USCIS-certified civil surgeon and ask them to transfer the information from your DS-3025 to an I-693A.

They should do this for a nominal charge. If they try to convice you to take a full medical examination, DO NOT LISTEN. You ONLY need the vaccination supplement. Read the memo from the USCIS documents that this completed form will remain valid beyond one year when submitted with most Adjustment of Status applications.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 20 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsement as legitimate.