What is naturalization? Naturalization is the process in which a person not born in the United States voluntarily becomes a US citizen.
There are several eligibility requirements to becoming a citizen of the United States.
1. You must be at least 18 years old when filing form N-400.
2. You must have been a permanent resident for at least five years.
3. You must have lived at your place of residence for at least three months prior to filing form N400.
4. You must have lived in the United States for five years before filing your form N- 400.
5. Out of the five years you must be physically present at least 30 months proceeding the date of filing form N-400
6. Be a person of good moral character. Be able to read, write and speak English. Be able to follow the principles and ideas of the U.S. Constitution.