Friday, May 11, 2012

Violence Against Women Act

Did you know that if you came to the United States and were sponsored by your husband, who turned out to be an abuser, you are protected by U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Under the Violence Against Women Act, a spouse can file an immigrant visa petition for protection. The alleged abuse will not be notified of this action. This petition will allow you to seek safety and protection from your abuser plus independence. Your spouse will not be notified that you have file for this protection also.

There is also help available from the National Domestic Violence Hotline 1 – 800 – 799 – 7233 or 1 – 800- 787 – 3224. Here, you may obtain information about shelters, legal advice and mental health care. They will also assist you on how to file for immigration status you can visit their website National Domestic Violence. You do not have to put with abuse from your spouse there is help for you so; contact one of the numbers listed above.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 20 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsement as legitimate.