Saturday, March 24, 2012

Form I-130

If you want to bring your spouse to the United States and obtain a green card or permanent resident you must be a US citizen or a green card holder yourself.

If you are a US citizen residing in a foreign country you will have to file form I-130. This form can be filed at the nearest US Embassy or Consulate to you. When this form is approved it will be sent to the embassy or consulate and they will process it and inform you on what your next step will be.

There are certain documents that you will have to submit when you file form I-130. A copy of your civil marriage certificate, a copy of any divorce decrees , death certificate, or annulment papers that will prove that any previous marriages entered into by you or your spouse are now terminated. You will need passport style photos of you and your spouse . If you have changed your name legally you must bring proof of this also. If you are a citizen you must show proof with a birth certificate or a U.S. passport. for more information on this process go to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services web site good luck.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 20 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsement as legitimate.