Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Passport Name Change

If you hold a US passport and need to change your name due to a court order or marriage it is a relatively simple process.

You must mail your current passport with a completed form DS-5504 this is the application for a name change, data correction, and limited passport book replacement. If you are changing your name because you were recently married you will need the original or a certified copy of your marriage license. If you have changed your name through the court system you will need to send the necessary paperwork from the court. You also may be required to set one passport photo. Send all this paperwork to the address listed on the DS- 5504.

There is no fee for this service unless you want to have express service. When sending these very import documents you should use a company that you can trace the mailing such as UPS or FedEx . It is strongly recommended to place these documents in a secure envelope that is waterproof. This whole process will generally take about 2 to 3 weeks.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 20 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsement as legitimate.