Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chinese Drywall

With the foreclosure rate so high in Florida, you can really find some great deals on a home. Recently, I was browsing the Internet checking out foreclosures in the Fort Myers Cape Coral area. I came across a beautiful three bedrooms, two bathrooms, double car garage sitting on a large lot with a total price $57,000. I was thinking to myself wow! What a great buy. So I called the realtor to set up an appointment to look at this house. What she told me really came as a shock. The realtor informed me that this house was filled with Chinese drywall. As beautiful as it looked and the great price, she cautioned me not to purchase this home. She said I would have to put so much money into it to make it livable that it would not be worth it. Not being familiar with Chinese drywall I researched on the web exactly what was the problem. Oh by the way, this is why when purchasing a home you should go through a reputable real estate agent.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 20 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsement as legitimate.