Monday, September 24, 2012

Appliance Warranties: Walmart Lawnmower Warranty Failed to Deliver

When you purchase an appliance at one of the major stores such as Sears, HH Gregg, or Walmart, you will undoubtedly be asked to buy an extended warranty.
 
I have no problem with purchasing an extended warranty because most of them are not that expensive and could be a good deal in the long run. What you must do is research a little and see the record of how the company stands by its warranties.
 
For example, I purchased a 50 inch television in HH Gregg, and in about a year I had a problem with it. The company along with the warranty company work together and in a short period of time replace my TV with a new one.
 
In Walmart, my experience was just the opposite. I purchased a lawnmower and in less than three months, I had major problems with it. I contacted the store manager and he could have cared less. He said to take it to the warranty company. So; you must be very careful if the company backs up the warranty, it's a good thing. If they don't care such as WALMART, you will be in the mercy of the warranty company. It took me more than a week to contact them but, they told me to go find a company to fix it. With all the hassle? I won't be buying a lawnmower at Walmart! It's not worth all the hassle.
 
Do yourself a favor and research the companies before you make a major purchase. This could save you a lot of stress and money.
 
As for me? My lawnmower is still in the shop for almost three weeks now. It means, I did hire a lawn guy to trim the grass for $90. That Sucks!

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 20 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the reader to weigh the product endorsement as legitimate.